Thursday 31 January 2013

Well I finally finished "Saigon" by Anthony Grey. It was worth it for me as it gave me historical background for the upcoming trip. It would be a good movie as it is very plot driven but obviously it hasn't been picked up by the big players. I can see someone like Brad Pitt as main character who has to age from about 15 years to 60. I am probably thinking of him in Benjamin Buttons when I say this. It is one of those books that is not a waste of time to read but there are other books you should read first.
My neighbour has given me an autobiography titled "When Heaven and earth Changed Places" by Le Li Mayslip. It traces her journey from a twelve year old in rural Vietnam when the US troops landed in her village through the next twenty years of her life. I will let you know what I think of it.
Cheers
Marilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment